Old October 13th 03, 10:24 PM
Daryl Hunt

"Replacement_Tommel"
'SINVA LIDBABY wrote in message
In article , Daryl Hunt

says...

"Replacement_Tommel"
'SINV ALIDBABY wrote in

message
In article , Daryl Hunt

says...

(sbip)

What mission? It's main role for Tank busting was done by Bombers.

Nonsense. 80% of the MBTs taken out in Desert Storm were done by
A-10s - even the USAF has damitted that (USAF General Horner remarked

that
he took back everything bad he said about the A-10 because it

"saved his
ass.")

I don't know where you got your info (you made it up, of course)

Tell the USAF that:

http://www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil/a...4/fedor2a.html

mercy snip

You will not that it said "Ground Vehicles".

Huh?

"Although they represented less than 10 percent of the coalition's air

assets,
A-10s were responsible for about 70 percent of the (Look Daryl ------)

ARMORED
(----look Daryl) vehicles destroyed by coalition air forces.32 During the
latter part of the ground war, Lt Gen Charles A. Horner, the joint force

air
component commander (JFACC), stated bluntly, "I take back all of the bad

things
that I said about the A-10. I love them! They saved our ass."33 "

If the A-10 had done the bulk
of the Armor killing as you have claimed, it would have made that claim.

"Although they represented less than 10 percent of the coalition's air

assets,
A-10s were responsible for about 70 percent of the (Look Daryl ------)

ARMORED
(----look Daryl) vehicles destroyed by coalition air forces."

Ground Vehicles consist of trucks more than anything else.

The article says "ARMORED" vehicles.

Armored vehicles consist of MBTs, SPA, and APCs.

Your reading skills are pitiful.

Nope. But most of the armor was destroyed even before the A-10 arrived.
The Bombers and Fighters took them out. Now, is he had said that 80% of the
Armor was destroyed that was left, I would put more credence in his
statements. Don't you recognise PR and Politicing when you see it? This
was NOT an official Air Force Statement.