Old October 25th 07, 04:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Having fun at work

On Oct 25, 6:45 am, Angelo Campanella
wrote:
Denny wrote:
The French were very early into the aviation game and were responsible
for numerous improvements in aircraft... French aviators have been
skilled and daring

snip..

They were routed and went back to eventually occupy Rome under
Aleric.. The wild tribes consolidated and held their lands which is
now the modern day France...

What has always puzzled me is whatever became of the Roman spirit
"vini, vidi, vinci"? After the Aleric etc. era, the Moors took over,
then left, then Spain, France and Austria (and the Pope) ruled various
pieces of Italy up until about 1860, when the Italians finally said
"enough already". Then followed the modern Italy we know about today.
Nice fashions, cars and movies seem to be the main result... and nice
Canard aircraft...

Angelo Campanella

(spoken with an Italian accent)
Eh! Italians are lovers, not fighters!

WWII should be proof enough of that. Why do you think that Italy was
the "soft underbelly of Europe".