Old January 19th 13, 09:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob

Default Electric Tarus - super bird or gliding's 787?

About this time last year the gliding world, at least in print, was
gaga over the Electric Tarus, and since then there has been total
silence. What I read caught my fancy, and a friend in Durango, CO had
one on order. But, before his ever came in, he was killed in the
crash of a gas-powered Tarus, so I never got a chance to fly in an
elecric one. I did get one flight in the gas-powered one, and it
handled, and seemed to glide fine, but was SO underpowered and
vibrated so badly under power, it scared me, and I told Jim he
should'nt take anyone else up in it with him.

Has anyone out there ever gotten an electric Tarus? And, if so, how
about a pilot report on how it is doing compared to all the PR that
was bantered about.

Bob