Old November 24th 03, 04:18 AM

Clark stillnospam@me wrote:

"The Enlightenment" wrote in news:gF1wb.23785
:

[snip]

I predict incidentally that compressed air servo systems will replace
hydraulics in many aircraft. Safety, economy and ease of service will
promote that.

Ever had one of those air control lines freeze? I have and its not fun...

Yes, there's that which can be fixed with an air filter and dryer
but air isn't a great medium for 'high effort' actuators like U/C
jacks and even worse for precise movement/high effort units like
flap actuators. You'd need a lot of extra control equipment to
prevent 'over-travel' etc. Doesn't sound like there's much danger
of it taking over any time soon to me.
--

-Gord.