Old October 21st 06, 02:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Default Common instruments on small aircraft

Neil Gould writes:

You can have anything you want in a small aircraft if you have the money
and are willing to accept the trade-offs.

Understood. But I was wondering about what you're likely to encounter
if you're renting an aircraft, or training in an aircraft. What kind
of equipment do rentals usually have, and what kind of equipment is
usually found in aircraft used for pilot training?

Put another way, am I being spoiled by an EHSI and GPS and weather
radar and a multi-axis autopilot in my sim GA aircraft?