Old August 25th 04, 12:08 AM
zatatime

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 15:17:43 +0000 (UTC), Aaron Coolidge
wrote:

I thought that as a rule overhaulers listed exactly which parts went into
each engine. Mind, my experience is limited to one overhauler (Pacific
Continental Engines) and one engine (mine: O-360-A4A). I did not have
the engine overhauled, but the build sheet came with the airplane when I
bought it. It listed by manufacturer (Lyc, Superior, etc) and part number
just about every component in the engine. With this I have been able to
avoid AD notes on piston pins, con rod bolts, fuel pumps, etc.
--
Aaron Coolidge (N9376J)

I've got a list of parts that were replaced at overhaul, which is what
I understand is required. The component in question was not changed
at overhaul so I need to go back to the original build list from
Lycoming.