Old August 26th 04, 05:49 AM
zatatime

On 25 Aug 2004 20:04:52 -0700,
) wrote:

zatatime wrote in message . ..
TC -

You hit the nail on the head. Trying to avoid needless (and
expensive) work on my plane. The build sheet is what I'm after. I'll
call Lycoming tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply.

You're welcome.

About the worst one I've been exposed to was a specific s/n range
bulletin. Had to yank all 12 jugs off of a customer's Navajo at 85 hrs
SOH (not to mention 85 hrs after selling him the engines-about $75k)
to verify that Lycoming put the right pocking piston pins in when they
assembled them.

Luckily, I've missed out on their more recent "problems".

TC

That's about as bad as I've heard. I'd be really PO'd if that
happened to me, even if I had the money to run a Navajo!

You stated in your other post that Lycoming "started producing build
sheets" for their engines. This is what I need. I have asked for it
from Lycoming and the tech rep said he needed to ask permission to
send it to me This is 3 days ago. Do you have any ideas as to how
to convince them they should/have to send it to me so I can verify
compliance with an AD? In the AD text it specifically states to
obtain a build sheet from Lycoming

If you do I'd really appreciate the help. If not thanks for chiming
in in the first place.