Old August 19th 05, 09:08 AM
Dave S

The applicable part of the virginia statute states:
14. Used for a purpose other than in operating or propelling highway
vehicles, watercraft or aircraft;.

Sounds like you have been getting an unexpected bonus from the state of
virginia for quite a while. Hope they dont decide to come get their
money back.

Now.. TEXAS offers a full refund on state fuel taxes used in aircraft.

Dave

wrote:
I just received my official denial letter of my request for a refund of the
road tax on the autogas I run in my plane. In Virginia, highway fuel taxes amount to
$0.175/gal and aviation fuel is subject to $0.05/gal. Previously, the difference of
$0.125 was refunded.

I believe they are taking the "58.1-2259. Fuel uses eligible for refund"
literally, which specifies *full* refunds (and a few special cases otherwise). Has
anyone else run into this?

-Cory