Old February 8th 08, 03:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting, rec.aviation.student

Default Why airplanes fly

Hold on, for a second. Previously on this very thread you posted this
comment:

I don't come here for conflict.

But then you write these things:

Yep, I can ignore it, like I will soon be ignoring you *

Yep, laugh, laugh, laugh. I suppose you think Jackass TV is pretty damn
funny, too.

Sad, man. Really sad.

Grow up.

You can't write those things and at the same time honestly claim you
don't come here for conflict. Every one of us is sometimes guilty of
being provocative and rude, or write something that someone else
misinterprets, or we misinterpret what someone else writes. There's
really no way to misinterpret what you have written above. It's not
about aviation. What I quote above shows that you are just as capable
of dishing out confrontation as you are capable of complaining about
it.

There used to be about three times the number of really cool, well qualified
people, that could speak volumes on the subjects of aviation. *They didn't
think it was worth sticking around, and are now gone.

You would have really loved it, a couple years ago, then. There is but a
small sampling of people with the varied experiences that are still here,
compared to before.

I can't guess as to why those people don't post here anymore. But,
yeah, I would have thought it was cool and I would have liked to read
their posts.

*It is really sad that a few nut cases can cause so much
chaos.

I have never seen Usenet not have a lot of off topic posts by nut
cases, or trolls being pests. I'm surely way more interested in the
good stuff than the ridiculous and the distracting.

However I also think it's okay if some people get a laugh out of the
occasional loon. I'm not calling you a jackass just because you don't
like chaotic posts. However it sure seems you are calling me a jackass
by your non-confrontational comments about Jackass TV.

Let's get back to planes and piloting now.