Old October 14th 03, 11:59 PM
Robert M. Gary

"Dan Luke" c172rgATbellsouthDOTnet wrote in message ...
"Stephen N Mills" wrote:
Actually, for night currency, they must be *Stop & Go*s, not just T&Gs
by FAR 61.57(b)

Actually, to pick a tiny nit, the landings must be "to a full stop," for
which I have never found a definition in the FAR's. I do know that "full
stop" and "stop and go" mean different things to ATC.

Just to make it fun, "full stop" means something different to approach
then to tower. "full stop" to tower means you're going to pull off the
runway. "full stop" to approach means you don't have the intension to
go missed. During training we often tell approach "full stop" and then
tower "touch n go".