Old October 11th 04, 10:19 AM
Cub Driver

I have serious doubts about someone's sanity if they honestly think that
there is going to be a draft soon. Talk about radical

There is legislation for a draft, sponsored by (Democratic)
Congressman Charles Rangell. It has a very few (Democratic)
co-sponsors.

Recently the Republicans tried to bring the bill up for a vote, so as
to put paid to the (Democratic) rumors that Bush would bring back the
draft in a second term.

The Democrats accused the Republicans of playing politics.

Well, so it goes, in Disney World on the Potomac.

Just think about this for a minute: if there were a draft, who would
train the draftees? The entire (volunteer) U.S. Army would have to
stand down, be retrained, and then dispatched to build and staff the
training centers. It would take a year, minimum, and in the meantime
we would have no army for any other purpose.

This rumor has been very popular on campus for two years now. As soon
as the Good People realized that we were going to war in Iraq, they
began promising their students that they would soon be drafted. That
they were proved liars in 2002 hasn't stopped them from retreading the
same lies in 2004.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

Warbird's Forum