Old November 2nd 05, 06:12 PM
Charlie45 Charlie45 is offline
Junior Member

[/color]
Does this so-called aviation attorney actually have an aviation
practice? This advice is ludircous for a number of reasons.

1. The ASRS reports, barring a few exceptions like accidents
occurring, can NOT be used for enforcement procedures.

2. The FAA won't even find out you've filed one unless you
tell them.

3. I'm not sure why you are admitting more if you wait until
the FAA comes after you than if you file now...

and FINALLY:

Persuant to AC00-46D, you only have 10 days from the date of the
incident to file the report in order to EVER use it as your FAA
"get out of jail free" card.

Are you sure he didn't mean for you to file and not TELL the
FAA you had filed one until they start the enforcement?[/quote]

I spoke with another Attorney in the meantime and he said that I should promptly file the NASA report. He also said that the FAA would not find about the filing unless it was something serious (e.g. aircraft accident).