Old March 8th 07, 08:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.owning
Jim Macklin

Default equipment list?

I meant to type 135 but 125 also requires that aircraft in
commercial service be actual put on scales and weighed on a
schedule. A proper aircraft weighing requires the
verification of the equipment list, nothing added or removed
that is not accounted for on paper.

The aircraft should be clean, the candy and soft drink cans
should be removed, even the life jackets that are not on the
equipment list should be removed. When they go back in,
they are baggage and not equipment.

Part 91 does require an equipment list and by practice, that
should be up to date. Just how complete the detail depends
on several things... but it should include the item name,
location[station/arm] and the weight.

It is nice if it includes sufficient detail so an AD
compliance search can begin with a paper rather that
disassembly of the airplane.

"Travis Marlatte" wrote in
message
| "Jim Macklin" wrote
in message
| FAR 125 requires actual weighing the aircraft on a
schedule.
| New aircraft are assumed to be accurate, but not all
| airplanes are weighed.
|

| Are we talking about an equipment list for Part 125
operations? If so, I
| missed that.
|
| As for us Part 91 guys, no up to date equipement list is
required (other
| than log book entries when work is done) and no regular
weighing is mandated
| (other than updating the W&B when stuff is removed or
added).