Old April 13th 14, 12:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Soaring sites in New Hampshire

On Saturday, February 25, 1995 5:38:56 PM UTC-5, Craig Knowles wrote:
Does anyone know whatever became of Northeast Gliderport in
Salem, NH? I took some lessons there years ago and wanted to
resume but the place is no longer in operation and seems to have
been converted into a golf course. In that line, are there any
sites left in NH or northern MAssachusetts at all known to
anyone?? Thanks in advance.

My husband, Donald Brasseur, was an instructor at the Gliderport in the 1960's. He flew the glider sequences for The Thomas Crown Affair movie, starring Steve McQueen, in 1968. Jim Doyle sold the gliderport to Joe and Ginny Dion. It has been closed for many years. Ginny passed away a few years ago and I think that Joe lives in Florida now. If you Google "Abandoned and Little Known Airfields, you will get some info. Good luck.