Old November 6th 20, 12:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BobW

Default Truck vs Car as a tow vehicle

On 11/5/2020 10:13 AM, Stephen Struthers wrote:

Back in 1987 Audi produced the 80 Quattro, a four door sedan with
4 wheel drive. It had pneumatic diff locks on the front centre and
rear diff. I towed a 2 seater in a 4 wheel covered trailer up a 2 mile
25% slope in a foot of snow and overtook everything in sight.

25% slope...over two miles?!? Holy Moly - like the thug in "Dirty Harry" I
gots to know. Where IS that? In the USA, I've never seen anything steeper than
15% (16?) and that's down to the dam at Black Canyon of the Gunnison. Plenty
of 12/13/14-percent signs in CO/UT, but 25%? I'm amazed there *were* others to
overtake!

Bob W.

---
https://www.avg.com