Old February 4th 21, 02:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Curious about PZL KWEC-2 TE compensators

I’ve seen these described as an option where you don‘t want to share the TE probe between two varios. However, I can’t find details on them. I’m just curious about how they work (the theory) and how they are plumbed? I know most would use TE probe for one vario and electronic compensation for the other but that’s not an option when using a SN10b. I’m thinking it might be better to use the probe for the 10b alone and the KWEC for the mechanical vario rather than splitting the probe between the two or leaving the mechanical uncompensated.