Old March 30th 05, 03:10 AM
Jon A.

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 21:57:57 -0600, wrote:

Jon A. wrote:
On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 01:24:31 GMT, Don Tuite
wrote:

The subject comes up on the rec.aviation groups from time to time.
It'd be worth your while to google the newsgroup for it. Jim Weir has
the most carefully thought out approach. It involves removing an
inspection plate on the belly of his 182 and opening up the floor.

Don

Not recommended for human ashes. Electronic ashes may be different.
The tube method is probably the best. Duct tape a 1" tube all the way
down the fuse, past the tail. The pressure differential will pull the
ashes out. As Juan says, practice. If you mess up you could be
breathing your cargo for a long time or allow him to literally
sandblast the side of your aircraft. Good luck.

Is that an approved tube to be taped on the aircraft?
Something stupid like that would have a good chance of killing somebody
when it got loose.

It's not approved to dump anything out of the aircraft. As far as the
tape coming off, I was under the impression that an light airplane
would be used, not a jet. If you've ever had to duct tape a part to
get home, you know it generally is okay, we're not doing a cross
country flight in the muck. In any event, he should do some research
from an org that has done this a number of times so that he can do it
well and to everyone's satisfaction.