Old May 8th 05, 06:39 PM
Henryk Birecki

Thanks for the input Ruediger. I think you are right that the problem
is strange input from the GPS due to signal loss, but that should not
freeze the program (but it seems to). Hopefully I'll get some raw data
from Aldo that will help point at the mechanism of those crashes.

Regards,

Henryk

wrote:

Just an idea.
I am using GPS-LOG an IPAQ 3630 and an HICOM HI-203E GPS Receiver.
Usually it works fine and i am very satisfied. I had one, maybe two
situations when GPS LOG freezed in flight while thermaling and i had to
make a reset in flight.
This occured first when i started using the gps receiver in my Libelle
201B. Before this the receiver was fixed in an Astir CS77 on top of the
instrument board (behind the compass) and i never had any problem. In
the Libelle I have the receiver in a rather low position behind the
pilot seat on the right side in the cockpit (yes, i will improve this).
I guess the the gps receiver looses signal while left-circling because,
there is to much of the wing between the receiver and the sky so the
signal strenght is not good enough.
If I look at the logfiles, there are some / very few strange pikes,
which also makes me think that i loose the GPS signal.
Ruediger

Dr. Henryk Birecki phone: 1-650-857-4597
Principal project Scientist FAX: 1-650-852-8579
Hewlett Packard Laboratories
1501 Page Mill Rd.
Palo Alto, CA 94304