Old July 17th 03, 11:08 AM
Andrew Warbrick

This is a particularly impressive document. The definition
of an accuracy landing includes stopping within 200ft
(120m) but not beyond a reference point.

Last time I checked there were 3.281ft in a metre,
making 120m nearly 400ft. Doh! Looks like it's not
what you think it is either!

At 18:06 16 July 2003, Michael wrote:
'Basil Fairston' wrote
PTS accuracy landing, whats that. In UK all landings
are supposed to be
accurate.

Since I started this mess, I'll try to answer some
of the questions.
While I've replied to this message in particular, I've
included the
points raised in others.

PTS means practical test standards, which are detailed
descriptions of
what is covered on a checkride. http://av-info.faa.gov/
is a web site
that contains them. It includes a description of an
accuracy landing.
If you've not flown in the US, I assure you it's not
what you think
it is.