Old December 22nd 04, 03:51 PM
Pechs1

Jeb- I talked to an engineer from the Raptor program (anyone see the rolling
AIM-9 launch videos? He set those shots up), and he said that they'd
thrown several different types up against it and it was eating everyone
alive. Didn't really elucidate much, but we had been talking agility
so you can infer what you wish. BRBR

I say-a big perhaps. The 'engineers' from the Grumman Iron works said the same
things about the F-14A, even with the ****poor engines, even in spite of taking
a ramp full of people to get the thing off the ground, in spite of losing a few
to engine snuff departures/spins.

Plus, I wonder how often the Raptor will be deployed in a shooting war, during
the day, multibogey. Pretty expensive jet to be 'surprised' by a Chinese Mig-21
variant.
P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)