Old November 21st 04, 01:44 AM
Mike Rapoport

How about where the speed was between that where the wing would stall flaps
up but not flaps down?

Mike
MU-2

"Jay Somerset" wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 18:15:23 -0500, Ron Natalie wrote:

Jay Somerset wrote:

Just can't resist jumping in here. Your climb gradient with flaps will
be
lower than with zero flaps.

Best angle of climb is determined by what gives you the most excess
thrust.
Best rate of climb is determined b what gives you the most excess power.

Absolutely correct! Have you ever seen an example where there is greater
excess thrust (at any airspeed) with flaps deployed? I suppose one could
design a wing where this was true, but I have some doubts that any
(popular)
GA aircraft exhibits this behavior. Am I wrong?