Old December 24th 04, 03:16 AM
David Reinhart

The first time I did it I unlocked it to the hard drive, not the memory
card, thinking I could then copy the unlocked file to the memory card.
Doesn't work that way. The card in the reader appears as a drive letter.
Unlock to that.

I had to do a second download and was charged for it. I called Lowrance
customer service, explained the situation, and the credited me for the
second download.

BTW, I had my 500 fail after the warranty was expired by a couple weeks.
Lowrance fixed it anyway.

Dave Reinhart

Stuart Grant wrote:

I have had my Airmap 500 since last January and want to get my first
database update. Checking the Lowrance Extra's Website I find that since
September LEI requires installation of Microsoft Net Framework to
unlock Jeppesen Database Updates on the Customers SD/MMC card. After
6-hours to download Microsoft Net Framework 1.1 (About 24Mb) on my
dial-up and then another hour to download the Database, I tried
unsuccessfully to unlock the database on the card. The GPS does not even
see the Aviation Database. Tried three times at $35 a pop on my credit
card. Lowrance says they are looking into it - since Saturday. They say
nobody else has had any problem.

Any pilots out there that have had problems downloading/unlocking GPS
database updates from Lowrance?