Old August 3rd 05, 07:35 AM
Jack Allison

Jay Honeck wrote:

One of the problems with a 1 gig camera memory card is that it is possible
to take virtually unlimited pictures at OSH. If you figure it takes a
minimum of 1 minute per pic to look at, adjust, and save -- and I took 250
photos -- we're looking at a minimum of four hours just to save the pix onto
my computer!

I just hope the air to air pics didn't end up in the bit bucket :-) For
those that don't know, Jay/Mary, Me/Steve, Jim/Gail and Edwin/Jim
departed IOW for OSH and tried flying in together. First, we left
Edwin/Jim in the dust as the rest of us were in the air before they
started to taxi. Next, Jim W's BlueOnBlue182 vanished from sight. He
was about four miles ahead of us and I swear he turned on the cloaking
device. Poof, no more 182 ahead. Fortunately, we had Jay and Mary in
sight. Mary did a great job of making a few close passes for some photos.

Then they must be resized, captions added, webpages created... Sheesh, in
the old days, I sent the film canister into the processing place, and a few
days later -- voila! -- I had my pix... But I digress.

Don't feel bad Jay, Mine are still in the camera. Then again, I'm
having some computer issues as my laptop doesn't want to run for more
than 15 minutes after it boots (or rather, *if* it boots).

1. Our Iowa City fly-in pool party was a real gas, and -- with temperatures
approaching 100 degrees

You know, the 105 temperatures I left behind in CA felt *much* better
than the weather in IOW and OSH the first couple of days. Ditto on the
pool party gas factor. It was great to see the Alexis Park Inn, see the
mighty grape in action, choose from way too many runways to land on (no,
wait, I mean find the airport in the crummy visibility when we landed).

This extended to celebrities as well. One morning we found ourselves eating
breakfast at the Hilton, one table away from Harrison Ford

Reminds me of two years ago at the Hilton when Steve said "Hey, I think
that's Bud Anderson sitting behind you". It was and folks were treating
him like a regular person as well

5. The REC.AVIATION PARTY.

I think we have the official food/beverage committee. Last year, Paul
knocks himself out with all the food/equipment. This year, it gets even
better with Jim and Tami getting involved. You guys went way above and
beyond. Everything was great. Missed out on a potato...but probably
was a good thing since I was absolutely stuffed.

the Allison Brothers and the Weirs were there from the Left Coast,

Wow, we made the list! :-)

Only 51 weeks till OSH '06!

While far from certain, preliminary indications look like a two ship
Allison brother convoy with spouses. Now, the big question is this:
Will Steve be renting? :-) Ok, second big question: Can we sell the
spouses on camping in the North-40?

It was a great week. I'm glad I'm taking a second week of time off from
work so that I can recover, change the oil in 04T and pay a visit to the
wash rack, etc. We had a great time and even made it back to the left
coast in two days/one night.

--
Jack Allison

you will always long to return"