Old January 17th 06, 09:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Glider Drum Brake Rebuild

Stewart Kissel wrote:
Tom-

I just got my 4' TOST wheel retrued and new shoe assembly
back from Vintage Brake. If you want to get this done
before spring, I would suggest sending it in soon.
When I test out the brake improvement(I hope) in the
spring, I will report back to RAS. I had mixed reports
on how much improvement one might see, but my brake
assembly was 20 year old original and did not do much
but exercise my brake hand while death-gripping the
bike lever on the stick and not slowing down.

Thank you for all the responses. Have passed the info on to a friend
who needs to get his fixed.

Tom