Old March 7th 07, 09:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

Default Sales Tax in NJ

On Mar 1, 10:36 am, wrote:

How they found me? I guess they
must walk around the airports taking tail numbers. I am a new york
resident and the plane is registered to a delaware corporation. They
couldn't care less, as the NJ law states that they are owed the tax,
even if the plane was registered and owned from an out of state
individual or corporation.

I was tied down overnight at Sacramento Executive airport over new
year's eve (actually in front of a friend's house at Fullertown, not
even the general airport area). I got a letter in the mail demanding I
pay county property taxes on the aircraft. Yes, they do walk around.
In addition, when we ran a small grass airport the state of California
required us by law to report the aircraft based there.

-Robert