Old August 12th 03, 12:42 AM
BTIZ

I'm wondering of your trouble with the L-23 tail wheel is ground handling..

there is now a factory service bulletin to not push the aircraft backwards
across terrain, only paved surfaces.. the spring attach for the tail wheel
is not meant to flex when moved backwards.. only forwards..

BT

"nowhere" wrote in message
m...
I have not had a tail wheel problem with the L-23 and no flaps.

Conversely, my club has had quite a bit of trouble with our L-23's
tailwheel (and the bulkhead which it is attached to) but no trouble
with our much older L-13s. This is despite the fact that probably 75%
or more of the L-13's landings are done with flaps retracted. This
surprised me as the 23's tailwheel LOOKS much more sturdy!