Old May 25th 04, 11:21 PM
Brian Burger

On Tue, 25 May 2004, David Megginson wrote:

Dylan Smith wrote:

Also, the readback of altimeter settings - I'd say this is pretty much
mandatory in the US as well especially when flying IFR.

Not VFR, though -- I don't think that you have to read back much except
hold-short instructions (while taxiing) in Canada or the U.S.

You need to read back landing clearances with holdshort instructions in
Canada; I ordinarily do, but a few months ago I just replied with my
callsign and Tower replied, "I need to hear your readback for the
tapes...".

I'd been doing TW circuits; the Tower guy & I both knew I could land the
Citabria in 3500ft, but 'the record' needed to know that I understood &
would comply. That was an interesting reminder.

Brian.