Old February 9th 07, 10:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default First-hand video of a BRS deployment.

On Feb 9, 3:21 pm, Jim Logajan wrote:
I got the following link to this video via the Matronics Zenith e-mail
list. What's interesting and fascinating about it is that it contains video
from a cockpit camera that shows the impending mid-air collision and the
cockpit view when the aircraft hits the ground under the chute:

http://www.turbopilot.com/copa/image3/brs.wmv

I guess cockpit cameras are becoming common enough that this sort of video
would be inevitable.

(Not sure why the pilot didn't see the towing aircraft - unless it was
because the other plane was coming up from below to his right.)

Amazing video...