Old February 10th 07, 12:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

Default First-hand video of a BRS deployment.

"Jim Logajan" wrote in message
.. .
I got the following link to this video via the Matronics Zenith e-mail
list. What's interesting and fascinating about it is that it contains
video
from a cockpit camera that shows the impending mid-air collision and the
cockpit view when the aircraft hits the ground under the chute:

http://www.turbopilot.com/copa/image3/brs.wmv

I guess cockpit cameras are becoming common enough that this sort of video
would be inevitable.

(Not sure why the pilot didn't see the towing aircraft - unless it was
because the other plane was coming up from below to his right.)

Looks like the glider might have been released as there is "something" in
the lower left of the windscreen, still pretty incredible video.

DW