Old November 26th 07, 05:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Orval Fairbairn

Default Private Pilot Uniforms

In article ,
"Dan Luke" wrote:

"Frank" wrote:

Is it permissible for a private pilot to wear a shirt and/or jacket that
epaulettes with 4 gold stripes? I believe that gold is for "officers"
(such as the captain of the plane) and 4 stripes signify the pilot (3 are
for crew). Is this correct?

Also, is it ok to wear a pilot cap with generic gold wings to match the
epaulettes?

Sure, it's permissible.

But line guys and FBO receptionists will laugh at you.

And real professional pilots might give you a melvin and take your lunch
money.

Around here, you would be a laughingstock. The guys I fly with are
mostly current and retired airline captains, current and former
military, etc. *NONE* of them wears epaulets!