Old July 18th 08, 11:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

Default Spray paint can nozzles

"Ken Moffett" wrote in message
"Stuart & Kathryn Fields" wrote in
:

Is it me and advancing age? Or did the paint can Mfrs.
increase the pressure required to operate the standard
paint spray can nozzle? I seem to remember that I could
just about empty a can before my finger got a permanent
dent. Now I don't get 1/4 of the can before my forearm goes
into seizure and my finger is in pain.

Stu

How well I know the problem!......and the solution!

http://www.makezine.com/pub/tool/Spr...Trigger_Handle

These are available at most paint and hardware stores.

Makes painting with rattle cans a pleasure.

Only warning: If you shake the can with the handle attached,
make sure that the nozzle hole is pointed away from you when you
start spraying again.

Ken

Thanks for the info on a great looking product.

BTW, in case anyone reading this is unawa At least in humid climates
like Florida, rattlecan paint never seems to air-dry really hard. The
solution it to let it air-dry for the recommended drying time and then
"bake" it overnight. It doesn't need to be very hot, 20 degrees above
ambient is more than enough, so a 100 watt light bulb in a large insulated
box is sufficient.

Peter