Old August 15th 04, 02:20 PM
Stealth Pilot

On 14 Aug 2004 19:36:25 -0700, (John Skorczewski)
wrote:

Any thoughts on how to finance a homebuilt airplane? I`m thinking
about building an rv-10. From what I have heard, expect to pay at
least $100,000 (I`m betting it will be more!!!) for a completed plane
with 260 hp engine and decent avionics. I don`t know about anyone
else, but I don`t have that kind of spare change on me. Any thoughts
and ideas on the subject would be helpful.

I know this will sound totally stupid but I guarantee that it is the
truth.

you finance an aeroplane by sincerely wanting it.

what happens is that the trivial opportunities of life that you
fritter all your savings on become irrelevant and you start mustering
resources toward one goal. work at it long enough and you will
succeed.
you will be surprised at what opportunities come along that you'd
normally overlook because you werent focussed on achieving something
at the time.

the RV kits come in modules. buy one module at a time and eventually
you will have something flying.

Stealth Pilot
Australia
.....owner of 2 aircraft.