Old July 29th 07, 03:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
nimbusgb

Default Diana-2 VH-VHZ, stranded in Australia (pic links only)

On 29 Jul, 15:22, Airjunkie wrote:
On Jul 28, 10:05?pm, "BlueCumulus" wrote:

Bogumil Beres BB wrote
4. ................
in practice it is impossible to produce 2 sailplanes different in
significant way one from another.

But the pictures show Diana-2 with the serial numbers 2 and 3
and they do not look the same.
It might as well be that the wing is not in the same position - who knows.

Why do they look different while BB says they cannot?
Bogumil Beres is the only person who can explain that.
Lets wait and see.

That's what I would like to find out.

Chris

"Marc Ramsey" wrote in message

et...

Looks like they deepened the canopy cut out at the back to allow a bit
better view down. That's the sort of thing prototypes are used for. Is
that the best evidence you have of changes?

BlueCumulus wrote:
I have nothing against Diana-2

But I would like to find out why serial number 3 is not looking and
flying like serial number 2.
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/chrisi...50924283141651...
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/chrisi...50924269483655...
while Boguminl Beres says
that they have to be the same
fly the same and look the same
because they come out of the same mould.- Hide quoted text -

The pictures I saw in the links show the prototype and #3. Before I
paid for #002 I knew the wing would be re-located. I have pictures of
my glider and the wing appears to be in the same place as #3. Jerry
Zieba has #001 and it is exactly the same as mine. I have seen his
glider in person. How many of you have actually seen a Diana 2 in
person? I do not have a web site to post the pictures of my glider
on, but would be happy to send them to someone who can. As I stated
in my previous post, being an experienced Diana 2 pilot, and familiar
with the glider and it's systems, in my opinoin, the problems with
#003 are in the adjustment of linkages....
Bill Liscomb

open a photobox account for free at www.photobox.co.uk and put a link
to your shared album here