Old September 22nd 06, 03:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default Flying an air racer...

...however, I'd guess that neither aircraft would make a good
instrument platform just as most Porsches make poor boulevard cruisers.

Actually, the way my friend has his tricked out, with a 3-axis
autopilot slaved to a Garmin 530, it's a pretty good instrument plane.

It's a helluva an airplane. I'd love to be able to fly one for fun
once in a while -- but I think it would probably kill you quickly, if
you didn't take it more seriously than that. It's a serious plane.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA