Old March 29th 05, 03:56 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

"George Patterson" wrote in message

Jay Honeck wrote:

Even though recent
reports put smoking at somewhere around 30% of the adult population, I
think it's closer to 50%, especially if you factor in the "social
smokers" -- those who only smoke when they drink.

I think you will find this to be regional. Nowhere close to 50% of the
people
around here smoke. Smoking is much, much more evident when I go back
South.

George Patterson
Whosoever bloweth not his own horn, the same shall remain unblown.

I'm in the South and even in places where it used to be close to 100% as
little as 10 years ago (bar at the golf course) it is down to less than 20%.

On the other end of the economic spectrum I see a reasonably large number of
job applicants every week and within that group I'd say it is down by more
than half from when I started interacting with that group five years ago.
I'd put today's smoker rate at about 3 out of 10.

Gig