Old June 14th 05, 12:22 AM
Andreas Maurer

On 13 Jun 2005 06:45:30 -0700, "
wrote:

You have experiemental in your country dont you?

Indeed we have - but I don't remember any certified glider that has
ever been operated with enhanced cross weight as an experimental (Open
glass gliders are restricted to 750 kg and 850 kg for double seaters)
in Germany anyway - be it experimental or not).

The most experimental glider in Germany (apart from the Akalfueg
gliders) is probably our AS 22-2 (the prototype of the ASH-25) that is
operated as Experimental since 1984. Empty weight 454 kg... only 20 kg
heavier than our DG-505 with only 20 meters (the 22-2 has the 24 m
wing of your 22A)... a light bird.

I also have a log book signed by Waible confirming the new max gross.

Cool. I'm rather interested in the technical achievments how this high
gross was accomplished - have you flown it with full gross yet and can
comment on performance and flying characteristcs?

Bye
Andreas