Old January 18th 09, 06:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

Default Turboprops

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Viperdoc" wrote in
:

From across the ramp it sure looked like speed tape, although it could
have been a riveted patch. South Dakota to MSP is a pretty short
flight.

They could have flown it, but it would almost certainly have been a ferry
to get the skin patched. Just rivets won't do it AFAIK, it has to be
bondded. Problem with pressurised fuselages is that a tear like that is a
stress riser, so even a little patch has to be prepared and doen properly.
not a big issue if you fly it unpressurised, though.

If I had been that guy I would have demanded a free first class pass
for four pax domestic and international for the rest of my life. Even
if NWA won the lawsuit, the cost of litigation would probably have
been cheaper than the tix.

But why would the pax settle for it? I wouldn't I'd sue em.

Bertie

As usual, you have a tremendous grasp on the obvious. Kind of like Mx.