Old June 6th 10, 03:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
a[_3_]

Default local vs XC

I just looked over the last dozen pages of my logbook -- the only
flight listed as local was an unusual attitude recovery flight with me
under the hood and a buddy as a safety pilot. Every other one was from
one place to another so as to be able to do something at the 'other'
place (business, visit a friend, mini vacation, that sort of thing).

Is that typical for you, or are a large number of your flights local
just for the pleasure of flying?

Uh, you guys who get tethered to an airplane with an engine to get
aloft need not reply, we're pretty sure we know your answer (there's
no question glider guys fly for the singular pleasure of flying) --
sel and mel drivers only please.