Old January 14th 04, 07:40 AM
BTIZ

sure.. site the FBO and not the airport management..

at our airport.. the airport manager is responsible for remote gates.. not
the FBO

wait.. we don't even have a gate..

BT

"Judah" wrote in message
Today at my FBO I found out that one of the TSA Agents has been going
around "testing" all the FBOs on the field to see if they are secure.
Apparently he went to the gate, waited for someone (not an employee of the
FBO, but a customer) who was coming out and told them that he left his

keys
in the plane and they let him in.

This, in his mind, was a security violation, and he held the FBO
responsible.

This, in my mind, is almost as effective as when they checked my driver's
license as I drove in.

Do they really think that the chain-linked fence attached to the gate is
going to keep a determined terrorist out? Do they really think that
terrorists don't carry drivers' licenses when they drive onto airport
property?

What the hell is the goal?

Is it to keep us so afraid of each other that we don't let each other get
our keys out of the plane?

Or is it to keep Americans so afraid of each other that we just stop
talking to each other altogether?