Old March 24th 05, 05:16 PM
Miguel Lavalle

Burt,

I am looking at the winds aloft forecast for Marfa
and it looks good for wave conditions today. Let us
know how it went

Regards

Miguel

At 14:30 24 March 2005, wrote:
Thanks for the interest - we've been flying everyday
except Monday,
when the wind at the surface was too strong for comfortable
ground
handling. Best soaring flights so far exceed Gold
badge altitude to
about 17,000' msl (Marfa is at 5,000' msl). We must
thermal up to the
wave - and the lennies indicate wave is working. Keep
in mind that we
soar at Marfa year-round, not just in the windy spring,
so come visit
us anytime - especially May thru mid-August, when the
thermals are
fantastic and the scenery is wonderful.

Last night was our Texas-style brisket BBQ at the Marfa
Gliders hangar.
Tonight I will present our 'Soaring Film Festival'
in the restored
Hotel Paisano ballroom, featuring slides and movies
of past Marfa
soaring events and 'The Sun Ship Game', which was filmed
here during
the legendary 1969 contest.

We are soaring year-round in Marfa - come visit us
for aerotows,
training, FAA 'checkrides'.

Burt Compton, Master Flight Instructor / FAA Designated
Pilot Examiner
Marfa Gliders, west Texas
website:
www.flygliders.com