Old January 21st 05, 03:49 PM
Tiger

Pechs1 wrote:

MB writes- 4. I don't think you can really say the fighter mission is done
in a
single-seat fighter. Do F/A-18s ever go out alone on a fighter mission?

BRBR

Sure they do. But the original post and discussion was about 2 seat 'E' models
vs more people in another platform, ala the EA-6 or 3. Avionics advances has
reduced the workload and need for a GIB, in fighters. I have always maintained
that a highly manuverable single seat A/C, with good avionics, RHAW gear, can
do the job of a less capable A/C. In fact, it is, ala the F-18 vs the Turkey.
P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)

F/A-18 the Swiss Army knife of airplanes. Whats next the Hornet with the
toothpick?