Old December 7th 06, 12:59 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
B A R R Y[_2_]

Default Airbus A380 in Arizona

David Lesher wrote:

How are the airlines moving spare 767/777 style engines around?

I live in the same town as a major P&W rebuild center.

I see many, many, engines come and go on drop-center trailer trucks,
pulled by tractors with massive sleepers, satellite TV, etc... They're
more like tractor trailer campers than trucks. There seems to be a
major specialty industry moving engines. I really doubt these trucks
would be practical for a trip of less than a few hundred miles.