Old September 8th 04, 07:25 AM
Janos Bauer

Eric Greenwell wrote:
Janos Bauer wrote:

OscarCVox wrote:

Were there any other gliders
that compare to the PW5 and the AC5?

std Cirrus, you still can find the manufacturer...
It's a bit tricky to fly it at the beginning (all flying tail) but
after 2-3 landings you will like it.

Suggesting the Std Cirrus "compares" to the PW5 and the AC5 (probably
meant the AC4 - AC5 is a motorglider) is a big stretch. I've flown all
three, owned the Cirrus, and the "bit tricky" part extends well past the
first 2-3 landinds! The other two are easier fly, and I would be safer
for the "low time" pilot. Even then, there are noticeable differences
between a PW5 and an AC4, such as landing speed.

It always depends on the pilot. I did my basic training in IS28B2,
something similar experience would help.
Yes, I always have that strange feeling in my stomach when I sit in
the cirrus but when I'm higher than 100m it disappears and I'm rewarded
with a relatively good performance

/Janos