Old December 23rd 04, 07:54 PM
Greybeard

On 23 Dec 2004 08:51:35 -0800, "
wrote:

Just the one close enough to be on your local router not the entire
ISP.

Which could also take out a few glider pilots, but that's your loss,
not mine. But then, if they're not in my address book, and they
aren't, they go directly to the bit bucket from the server and I never
see them.

But as the internet isn't made of lathes what do you care.

For every glider owner, there are at least 20 lathe owners. For every
pilot, there are at least 1000 machinists.

Did you even fly last season?

In November I celebrated three years without stepping foot into a
cockpit. I did, however, goof and have my name on the schedule for an
hour in a 2-33, but fortunately fate stepped in and downed the tow
plane each time. (Two weeks of fuel bladder leaks, and then a prop
strike on a runway light. ) The alternative, the grob 103sl is not
acceptable, and was refused when offered. $150 fell through the
cracks and disappeared, and I can't say that I really care. (Were I
still flying, I'd be counting that in tows and rental fees. Much
better when I don't even have to look at it. That's two 3k tows and
an hours dual, including renting the plane.)