Old April 11th 05, 07:46 AM
Ben Jackson

On 2005-04-11, kage wrote:
If it's set up like other Piper retracts I flown, there is one "Getcha" that
got me and most everyone I ever gave dual to. If the panel (or is it the
position lights, it's been a long time) lights are on the gear lights
automatically dim. On a bright sunny day they appear to be off.

Is that not true of other makers' retracts? Piper obviously knew about
it a long time ago -- one of the first steps of the emergency gear
extension checklist for the Comanche (printed on the bottom of the panel
you remove) is to try turning off the nav lights.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/