Old April 27th 06, 02:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default a couple of questions...

Uncontrolled fields are a little foreign to me.
[...] My problem is that I
don't know what to tell the TRSA guys once I get airborne.

You already have some good answers about how to handle the radio. I'll
add to this that unlike class C or D airspace, communications is =not=
required in a TRSA. You can remain totally silent as you do your
sightseeing (although it's a good idea to avail yourself of the added
eyes of the TRSA folks in its busy airspace). Thus, others can also be
radio-silent, so be on the lookout.

Also, unlike class B, C, or D, you do not need =permission= from the
TRSA folks to do stuff. You tell them what you will be doing, so that
they can help keep an eye out for you, or call you as traffic to other
folks.

With that in the back of your mind, it should feel easier to handle the
radio. They are advisory in nature, though quite helpful.

Jose
--
The price of freedom is... well... freedom.