Old July 22nd 04, 05:28 AM
Dude

Was it the performance, or the lack of any idea how to fix the things, or
the amount of scheduled and non scheduled downtime?

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message
Dude,

Diamond has
decided to offer Lycoming engines as an alternate for the Twin Star

(which
must really please Textron)

Diamond has been bitten before when introducing a new engine to the US
market, the Rotax. So they're careful. The US market is strongly in the

grip
of what I like to call "pilot inertia", as evident here in the group.

"We've
always done it that way, so we'll keep doing it that way" is strong in

the
pilot community.

The US pilot community is that way for a reason. The performance of the
Rotax was miserable. Embry-Riddle ended up getting rid of all their

Katanas
because of it.