Old September 8th 06, 02:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Don W

Default spin balancing a tail rotor

Sounds neat. I'd like to hear how he did it. It
seems that the dial indicator would tell you how
good the balance was, but would not be very good
at telling you which side was heavier.

Don W.

Stuart & Kathryn Fields wrote:

We recently received an article for our magazine where the author performed
a balance of his tail rotor on a bench using an electric motor and a dial
indicator instead of an electronic balancer. I was impressed with his
thinking outside the box. If there is any interest in this out there, I
will see if the author would be willing to discuss his technique here.