Old April 18th 07, 01:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
qui si parla Campagnolo

Default Naval Aviator Slots- HELP!!

On Apr 17, 4:52 pm, wrote:
Any advice given on this subject is much appreciated!!

Just an hour and a half ago we received the news that my fiance
was not on the unofficial list of names of those students who had
received the Pilot and NFO slots. He attends the United States
Merchant Marine Academy in Kings Point, New York which is one of the
federal service academies. He has worked his butt of to get great
scores on all the tests for the navy aviator slots. Unfortunately we
receievd the bad news today. He's trying to get over his
disappointment but this is really getting to him because this has been
his dream since he was a little boy at one of the Aircraft shows. Upon
graduating this school in June he will be a commissioned officer in
the Naval Reserve however I know he will still long to be a naval
pilot. He has a great gpa, was the Company Fitness Officer so he
passed all the physical test with no problem, went on pilot
internships, and scored 7/9 on the avaiation test, which i hear is
suppose to be really well. Is there any hope of getting in from this
point on?

Does he have a commitment from the MMA? If not, maybe quit, finish
college and re-apply for AOCS(?)

Not a lot of people getting ouit these days w./o the airlines hiring...