Old July 23rd 17, 04:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

Default Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems for Trailers

Hi - all in Gliderland,

I am picking up the subject of the tire pressure monitoring systems for trailers from another, unrelated thread.
I would like to hear more from others who have installed one on trailers. One unit was mentioned which looks very sophisticated.
Has anyone used this one, which is less expensive?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/GoSafe-TP...m #about-item

It has a simple readout but I am wondering if it would be able to receive the signals from a trailer - four tires in my case. I could install the receiver in the lighter outlet by the rear door of my van and just hope I will hear the warning tone.
Also, does anyone know if these systems operate on the same frequency? Would two systems installed on the tires of the towing vehicle and the trailer interfere with each other?

Uli
'AS'